Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Saving Tom Black Gets Test-Marketed


Well, my first Western book, Saving Tom Black, got test-marketed this past weekend for the first time. My publisher, Becky, at Moonlight Mesa Associates, assures me it "sold like pancakes." I'll be getting my FIRST royalty check too.

But she got a bit perturbed too. Seems like she could only sell "her" books, but she was determined to test the waters with Tom Black this weekend, so she ended up having to tell a few people who questioned her that she was Jere D. James in order to keep the book displayed. Crazy. Those people never bought the book either. Said all but one was an official at this function just checking on vendors, but one turned out to be a cousin to a guy who's going to review the book. Small world. Hope he doesn't find out. None of this bothers me one whit...I don't really care to do these public appearances. Suppose I'm gonna have to, but it's not me, and Becky knew that from the get-go. Discussed it plenty of times with her. Maybe I should give the royalty check to her. My goal in all of this is not to make money so much, as it is to see a dream of mine come true. She's all in a tizzy though.

I just find all the attention kind of embarrassing, like I did something that changed the world, and all I really did was tell a story that's been kicking around in my head for a long, long time.

Well, that's all I've got to say about this. I added my cover here. Pretty nifty how this works. I'm not a computer person either.

Thank you to the people who bought my book. I truly am appreciative. Hope you like it and much as I enjoyed writing it.



Jere D. James

1 comment: