Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Two Books Down - One to Go


That sounds like a prison sentence, doesn't it? But out of a three book deal, I have managed to write two damn good books. Got one more to go. My publisher said there's no rush. That's good, cause I got news for her...I need a break.

Saving Tom Black, my first book, is just about ready to be released for general publication. Apache, my second book, is still in the editing stages. How many times must I write, rewrite, and rewrite.

The third book, Canyon of Death, is just now beginning to get into my head. But I'm still taking six months...OR MORE...off.

A few people have asked me if I'm going to stay with Moonlight Mesa or try to get another publisher...Not sure yet. I like Moonlight Mesa, but I probably do have to work harder than I would with another publisher...but the publisher works her ass off, so I feel guilty if I'm not in there with her. My hunch is I'll stay - or maybe I'll stop writing altogether. I probably won't look around since most of those folks already rejected me. Moonlight Mesa believed in me when no one else did. I'm guessing that if I keep writing, I'll stick with Moonlight Mesa as long as they'll have me.

I've gotten some fantastic reviews on Saving Tom Black, which is very gratifying, I have to admit. Really strokes the old ego. But it is truly rewarding to see people enjoy my work and I am deeply appreciative of the kind words they say about my writing and my books.

So...that's it for this time. Looks like my publisher is dragging me to Payson with her for the Zane Grey Days...see, this is what I mean. The woman is WORK WORK WORK.

1 comment: